Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sunday morning sleep-in #39

The Prodigal Son returns.

A1C B is coming for a visit this week. He got some leave time and already dropped by the patriarch's bedside for a few days.

The crazy fucker drove clear across the Upper Peninsula of Michigan...at night...in February...in a snowstorm.
Route 2, from Iron Mountain to the Mackinac Bridge at 40 mph.

Remember what it was like to be that age, and have no concept of your own mortality?
Life was so much more of an adventure then.


-----------------------------------
That Damn Dog

Has got a flatulence problem. Seriously. I'm not talking about the usual round of dog-fart jokes here folks. It's out of control.

Every day, twice a day, after he eats he lays around and produces the most noxious gas you can imagine for about two hours. I've even had to get up occasionally just to check if he's taken a crap in the corner of the room or something.

And he's such a lovable dog. After his meal, all he wants to do is curl up at your feet and hang out with you.
I can't stand it.

It just started about a month ago. It was funny at first, but it got really old after about a week.
He's eating the same Pedigree dry dog food he's been eating for ten+ years. So, either they've changed what they put in the dog food (plausible), or he's older than dirt, and his digestive system just isn't working as well anymore. (just as plausible)

I wonder, under the new people-control laws that congress is trying to pass, will I have to register him? He's definitely high-capacity, and might even qualify as a bioweapon.

Speaking of high-capacity....

----------------------------------
I used to shoot these things called guns...

It was fun. I had a great time doing it.

At least once a month, I would get out to the range for an hour or so and punch high-speed holes in paper at varying distances.

I don't do that anymore. It's gotten so a prole like me just can't afford to do stuff like that.
Every time I'm in Wally World, or whenever I spot a local gun store to pull into, I take a quick Gander at the ammo shelves. (See what I did there?)

I will sit on my current ammo supply and watch it corrode slowly into nothingness.
and that sucks.

------------------------------------
Inappropriate humor in 3...2...




5 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I know what you mean about being young and unaware. I hitchhiked from CA to GA back in 63. Three days and three nights of non-stop thumbing. I wouldn't thumb now even in my neighborhood. As for the dog, keep a lighter handy and just strike a flame. It will burn off the floral aroma fast.

Old NFO said...

Ah yes, young and stupid... And amazingly we survived!!! :-D

A Girl and Her Gun said...

Yep, me too. I pretty much do a ton of dry fire and other non ammo shooting practice:(

dhanna59 said...

B- it's the dog food, period. If it has grain as the filler old dogs will pass gas till death. What you gotta do to stop the gas is feed him ground meat from now till death or you go into the poor house....or put him down. Kinda like A1C B will have to do with you!

MSgt B said...

Coffey - I'm afraid to light anything when he gets going. I might blow the house up.

OLd NFO - True. I try not to worry too much.

A Girl - Bummer.

Dhanna - If I smell that bad toward the end, the boy won't hesitate.