Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Where I need advice

I want to get some nice trinkets for the womenfolk while I'm down in Knoxville.

What do they do in Knoxville? What are they famous for?


If I was going to Louisville, I would pick up something from the Louisville Slugger bat factory.

If I was going to Nashville, I would get them something from the Grand Ol' Opry.


My sister had a horse farm in Sevier County for a while. Is it big horse country? i.e., Tennessee Walkers?

I'm clueless. You gotta hook me up. I've been hitting Google, but I'm not seeing anything that stands out.

My girls must have trinkets.

---------------------------------------------------

12 comments:

Jess said...

Knoxville's web site says they're committed to a transparent government, so something transparent is acceptable.

Brigid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brigid said...

sorry that was me, wrong address given

www.knoxvillesoapandcandle.com.

I've a couple friends down that way, the soap and candle store has the largest selection of handcraft jewelry in town and a lot of other girly products.

Coffeypot said...

It's the home of the Univ of Tenn. The Mountanineers! Get'em a gen-u-ine coonskin hat...made in China.

azmrmacs said...

Asheville NC, Chattanooga TN, Gatlinburg TN, no problem. But Knoxville?
WAIT! Oak Ridge National Lab is right next door! Go to the American Museum of Science and Industry there! Bring back a glow-in-the-dark treat?
Maybe visit Glenn Reynolds (Instapundit) while there?

Broken Andy said...

"If I was going to Louisville, I would pick up something from the Louisville Slugger bat factory."

Screw the womenfolk. If ever you find yourself in Louisville be sure to bring back a couple of truckloads of Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David said...

University of Tennessee is not the Mountaineers...it is the Volunteers, and I guarantee you can find a locally made coonskin cap if that's what you want. Knoxville is also kind of the gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains, so there's lots of Smokies stuff to be had. Dolly Parton grew up in the next county over, too...

MSgt B said...

Jess - "Here Honey, I brought you a jar of air." ...sounds legit.

Brigid - Thanks B. I'll see if I can't stop by there.

Coffey - Sorry, not big UT fans...

MrMacs - That sounds kinda cool.

Andy - I did mention to her that Tennessee is where they make Jack Daniels. I got "the look".

David - I know...I'll get her some beer! :)

missred said...

I don't like trinkets so I cannot help you there!

Leigh in Knoxville said...

Jewelry Television is based in West Knoxville - imagine the trinkets you could create

MSgt B said...

missred - Would flowers do?

Leigh - I'm going to check it out. Their store is right around the corner from the hotel.