Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday morning sleep-in #36

It started with the snowstorm up in West Virginia.
You know, not one flake fell out of the sky until I got out of my truck to change a flat tire, then it snowed so fast and heavily I couldn't make it home that day.

I'm serious. The moment I got out of the truck it was like God flipped the big snow-switch in the sky over to the "Bury the Bitches" position.
Of course, I had to be driving a Ford, with seven lug nuts instead of the perfectly adequate five most other vehicles have. And of course, those lug nuts were last tightened by Thor, with a wrench the size of a fucking telephone pole.
There I was, all 240 pounds of me, standing on the end of the lug wrench and bouncing up and down, trying to break torque on those things. All seven. Every. Single. One.

Then, once I've given up on getting home and gotten a hotel room, the weatherman comes on the TV and says the "system is rapidly dissipating".
Seriously?

Then I finally get home last night and decide I'm going to be Mr Helpful, and knock out a load of dishes.
The lock ring holding the drain to the bottom of the kitchen sink has split, and the drainpipe has become completely disconnected.
Wanna guess how I found out right away?
That's right.
Because I do dishes in my socks.


Hat Tip to The Feral Irishman for the video.

----------------------------------------
It's time for me to pack my bags and GTFO for South Carolina. This week can only get better. Right?

----------------------------------------




$10 says Larry grabs the Ginger picture for his wallpaper.

7 comments:

A Girl and Her Gun said...

Ugh, that does not sound fun. Hoping this week is a better one.

Old NFO said...

THAT is why I have AAA, I can't bust those damn lug nuts loose when they're put on with a 200lb torque wrench, and I don't routinely carry a six foot breaker bar in the truck. Travel safe and enjoy dry socks (hopefully)... :-)

billf said...

Challenges only make us stonger (and let us think we deserve whiskey).
Wow,what a pretty girl!
Bill

Coffeypot said...

That Ginger gal cannot be under water...her hair looks so dry. And the rest of her ain't bad either. And I too have GEICO emergency road service that I have used more than once. Travel safe.

ProudHillbilly said...

I know I should show some sympathy but...brahahahahahah!!!!!

Larry said...

You win! I had that snagged before I even got to the end of the post.

I'm getting too predictable...

MSgt B said...

A Girl - Me too.

Old NFO - It's a company truck. I could call someone, but I'm not patient enough.

Bill - I definitely deserve whiskey

Coffey - I think the photo is upside-down. Nice effect though.

Hillbilly - LOL Always a surprise waiting for me in WV

Larry - I put it out there as bait to get you to drop by.