Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday Morning Coffee #49



I didn't make it home.

I gave up when I hit Martinsburg. I was tired as hell.
Of course, about an hour after I'd stopped, the news station said the winter storm was dissipating rapidly.

FML

So, for all you guys south of Martinsburg, who got little to no snow?

You're welcome.

---------------------------------
Gun Control Dictionary:

Deja Poo - The feeling that you've heard all this crap before.

---------------------------------


Srsly.
Just a couple nights in hotels, and I'm left with an odd number?

To the the unfortunate chamber maid who has found my sock under some bed somewhere. 
The one that was in a work boot all day, and had to be removed immediately because it was soaked in slimy leftover water unfit for contact with human skin:

I am truly sorry. No one should have to go through that. Really.

4 comments:

BadgerMedic said...

That's ok, in the Piedmont of NC we got Freezing Rain, Sleet & Snot - effectively making the Zamboni the only reliable means of travel.

Coffeypot said...

I know how that is. I was driving back from NY and it started to sleet and snow just before I left PA. By the time I got to Windchester, VA, they were closing the interstate. I stayed for two days with snow over the tops of the cars in the parking lot. Luckily there was a Cracker Barrel next door and a pancake house next to it. I was tired of snow by then. But I had my laptop so I was happy.

Old NFO said...

Drive safe my friend... And the hotel will probably bill you for fumigation services...LOL

MSgt B said...

BadgerMedic - I'm betting you meant snow, but sleet & snot sounds pretty bad too.

Coffey - If you're going to get stuck like that, you can't beat having a Cracker Barrel next door.

Old NFO - I'm sure they will...