Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Saturday Morning Coffee #48

Just the other day, she was sitting on the couch "zoned out", just sort of staring out the window. I spent a minute gazing at her profile.
Neither of us is a youngster anymore. You can see where the years of hard living in every place from the tropics to the edge of the arctic circle (usually alone and raising two kids while I was off in some third world shithole) have forever left their mark upon her. As those years have changed her, they make her only more beautiful in my eyes.
I've tried to explain that to her, but she is a woman, and she will forever fight against the ravages of time and life, it's in her DNA.
Her expression was calm and content, but there was that smallest hint of sadness there. What was she thinking of? Was she remembering some hardship or trial from the past? Was she anticipating the next move to a new home?
I grabbed for my camera. I wanted to save this moment, that expression, like a pretty stone in my pocket, that I could pull out and look at whenever I wanted.
She saw me out of the corner of her eye and the spell was broken. She snapped out of her reverie and gave me a stern look. I put the camera back in my pocket, feeling like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar.




----------------------------------------------
From The Constitutional Insurgent:

Nancy Reagan's letter to John Hinckley.

I LOL'd. Srsly.

---------------------------------------------
More Inappropriate Humor in 3...2....



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right. After 36 years mine has gone from cute and sexy to OMG beautiful.
SactoDon

Coffeypot said...

I don't see much difference in the two pictres. Just the hair style. But still a great looking woman. You...uh...how bout dem Bears?

eiaftinfo said...

Nice - It's "those" moments that form a couple, build a relationship, fire it, harden it. You both obviously chose well - beautiful photos!

Congrats . . . to both of you!

Old NFO said...

You got a good one MSgt... And she's a good lookin Lady! And must have the patience of Job to put up with you...LOL

Heroditus Huxley said...

You guys are cute together.

Larry said...

She should have let you take that picture.

MSgt B said...

SactoDon - Absolutely.

Coffey - It's called the "Rugged look" Ha Ha

East IA -Thanks.

Old NFO - She's a saint.

HH - Thanks. You're not so bad looking yourself.

Larry - I know what you mean, but she's too worried about having her hair perfect or something.

Brigid said...

Having met that fine woman I would agree. She was "cute" then, she's stunning now, for all the reasons that beautiful women who've lived a good life are.