Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Monday, January 14, 2013

MSgt B's Beer Review

On the way out of town, I swung by Dave's place to check out the phenomenally crappy water he's getting out of his well for some reason. Man, I wouldn't drink that stuff. No wonder he's sticking to beer.

Speaking of beer, he gifted me a couple of those fancy ones he's always talking about, so I thought I'd give a review of the beers he handed me.

He gave them to me cold, so first thing I did when I got to the hotel 5 hours later, was to put them in MSgt B's Tactical Traveling Beer Cooler. (patent pending)



Then I went to dinner over at the Outback across the street.
When I got back from my horseradish crusted sirloin with green beans and a house salad, I decided I'd start with the Port City Brewing Company 'Optimal Wit'. ('Cause, you know, I'm a very witty guy. Yuk yuk.)

Sample of a typical Dave review of beer:  The beer pours a deep copper color with an strong white head. The citrus aroma of grapefruit is noticeable as soon as the cap comes off the bottle. The flavor is full-bodied and rich in citrus fruit mixed with pine resin. The sweet malt comes through at the end. The mouthfeel is thick with a clean finish.

------------------------------------------
MSgt B's review - Port City Brewing Company Optimal Wit:

Shit. These beers don't have twist-off tops. Where'd I put my keys?


Hmmm, I always did like blondes.


Whoa! Who put potpourri in my beer? It's like when someone hands you a cup of coffee and doesn't tell you it's 'Maple Hazelnut Supreme'. Kind of a shocker.

This actually doesn't taste bad at all.

(a few moments later)
Is that it? Man, that bottle must have been smaller than I thought...

No sweat. It just so happens, I have a second one waiting for it's turn at bat.

-------------------------------------------
MSgt B's review - Devil's Backbone Brewing Company Vienna Lager

I got myself a fresh plastic cup, so my sample wouldn't be contaminated or something.
I'm thinking Dave's pretty impressed with me over that.

Wow. A redhead. (That's the best head I've gotten since 2002. Yuk yuk.)


Wait, there's been a mistake, this stuff is like Campbell's Beer Soup...I'm supposed to add one can of water or something. Seriously, this stuff is like concentrated beer syrup. Wow.

Those beers must be a little stronger than the crap I usually drink, or maybe I really was supposed to water that second one down. It's bedtime for MSgt B.

A steak dinner and a couple fine beers to wash it down. Thanks Dave for I great finish to what's been a very long day. I'll post this in the morning before I get back on the road. For now, it's time to go do something with some sheep.

Oh yeah... count sheep.
I gotta make that clear, since I'm up here in West Virginia. Somebody might get the wrong idea, and think I'm trying to fit in around here.

7 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I enjoy tasting local brews. Most are good, a few could also be used as shoe polish. But that's what life is all about, experiencing new things. That and sex. Or both combined. And the ever-evolving rules of NASCAR. Life is a great mystery and fun to live. Think I'll keep it up for awhile. Drive safely.

Old NFO said...

LOL, you either love em or hate em... And the 'tactical' cooler? Been doing that for 20 years... LOL Travel safe!

Keads said...

Dude, nice cooler!

ProudHillbilly said...

Gotta remember that cooler thing.

Morgantown used to have a really good micro-brewery.

David said...

You figure out what's in the water and I'll supply you with a lot more beer. I'll even buy that stuff you drink. :-)

A Girl and Her Gun said...

I think the answer to this problem is for David to invite me over to try some of that beer. You know for a second opinion.

MSgt B said...

Coffey - Beer, sex and NASCAR all in one comment?

Old NFO - The fancy stuff is good every once in a while.

Keads - Thanks!

Hillbilly - It's too bad I don't get more opportunities to hang around town there much. It looks like a cool place.

David - Ha Ha. Miller Lite forever!

A Girl - I agree. David should give out beer more often.