Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

I'm rambling and I feel like crap

Can't get my mind around an appropriate title, and I think I've come down with whatever the old lady had.

-----------------------------------

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but the big "Fiscal Cliffageddon Tax Dealio" all over the news really doesn't seem to add up to much.

I consider myself a regular guy with a regular job. I'm certainly not what anyone here in the states would call "rich". Let's just say I make something south of $100k, military pension included.

I got myself a nice raise last month with the promotion I talked about. Nothing fancy, but it's always nice to get a few extra bucks for doing a good job.

Now I find out that my raise is just going to cover the tax increase that's about to hit me this month, (I think it's to cover Obamacare?) and that's after the "Tax Deal That Saved America"

Oh well. It was nice while it lasted.

Prestidigitation -
1. Performance of or skill in performing magic or conjuring tricks with the hands; sleight of hand.
2. A show of skill or deceitful cleverness.




----------------------------------------------


ZOMG!!!  BAN WATER!

8 comments:

Bob said...

The water poster forgot the reason that W.C. Fields never drank water: "Fish fuck in it."

A Girl and Her Gun said...

Yep. Just depressing isn't it.

Heroditus Huxley said...

I had a student write his research paper calling for a nationwide ban on dihydrogen monoxide. At that point, I made them turn in their paper with the copy that they had peer reviewed, and all three of their classmates that reviewed their paper were supporting their proposal. Nobody knew it was satire, or that dihydrogen monoxide was water.

I laughed for ten minutes, and the kid got an A.

Old NFO said...

Good point, and don't forget the payroll deduction going back up 2.2%... that's another chunk...

Broken Andy said...

Guess I need to switch to drinking beer instead of water. Tough sell!

Coffeypot said...

But if you ban water, where will I get my ice for my Jack or Scotch? Oh the pain!!!

Don F said...

That 'ban dhmo' website is still around...meanwhile, why ruin good Scotch with an ice cube??!? Horrors!

MSgt B said...

Bob - Good one.

A Girl - They never pay me enough anyway.

HH - I need to sign up for your class

Old NFO - Funny how it's not in the news.

Andy - Good choice!

Coffey - Inorite?

Don - Sorry, I'm also one of those heretics who ices his scotch.