Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wanderlust

Back on Sunday, I used the word "wander" something like seven times in one blog post.
I think that's a record.
Call Guinness.

I like the word. It fits me well.
I believe MSgt B's Official Dictionary defines it as a combination of the words "walk" and "wonder".

Walk + Wonder = Wander

Walking implies that there's no hurry.
If you're trying to get from one place to another as quickly as possible, walking is not the preferred mode of transportation. Walking is for taking your time. (Which is why I never understood the whole "speedwalking" thing people got into a couple decades ago.)
I definitely see myself as a "take your time" kind of guy. Sure, when I'm at work there's plenty of rushing to do, but when I'm hanging around on my blog, it's relaxation time.
Anyone who's ever met me can testify to the fact that I am definitely not a runner. I'm a walker.

I also Wonder about a lot of stuff.
Sometimes I see something that I think is "Wonderful" (another very cool word) and it leaves me feeling a little awestruck. I feel filled up with wonder.
Wonderfull.
Other times I wonder why things are the way they are.
Why does that guy over there think that having his pants hanging halfway off his ass think he looks cool? Why do people always turn to look at the fire engine? Why does my hair grow so fast?
I enjoy wondering, it's a great way to pass the time.

The world is full of opportunities to walk and to wonder, but there is a time and a place for wandering.


Middle of the street - Not for wandering.




Victoria's Secret Fashion Show - Highly recommended wandering location.  I could wander all day.



Here's something else to wonder about.
Am I the only person who thinks the fashion show would have been better without Justin Bieber?

7 comments:

agirlandhergun said...

Yeah, I did the get hit by a car thing and it was no fun. Was not, however, dancing and singing in the middle of the road.

Old NFO said...

Yep, he's stupid...

Coffeypot said...

All that VC stuff is lost on me. I prefer a woman in a man's t-shirt, or a denim miniskirt, or a man's dress shirt with one button fasten. That is sexy to me. All that other stuff is too put on and trying too hard. Give me simple, sexy and female.

SENIOR said...

Democritters who wander into the road singing like Justin Bieber deserve to be hit and backed over by vehicles. Just my opinion.

MSgt B said...

A Girl - He was just trying to "hit" on you...

Old NFO - Agreed

Coffey - +1 on the denim miniskirt

Senior - "and backed over" LOL

Broken Andy said...

Everything is better without Justin Beiber.

MSgt B said...

Everything.