Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Tomorrow the World Ends. Tonight We Break Out the Good Stuff

I heard someone say the whole Mayan apocalypse thing was scheduled for 1100 tomorrow morning.

Good deal! My paycheck direct deposit goes through at 0700, so all those bad checks I wrote will be covered.

-----------------------------------
Tonight I'm breaking open some single-malt. I'm not getting crushed by a meteor or fried by a Mayan Sun-god without having some of that Balvenie Doublewood first.

-----------------------------------




7 comments:

InsomniacMedic said...

Single Malt? Show me en route... I'm down to three bottles, so will be good to drink someone else's!

InsomniacMedic said...

Oh. Completely missed the Doublewood bit. Damn good choice sir...

Larry said...

Finally, a time. 1100, that means I should have time to go out and get a haircut if I get up early enough...

Old NFO said...

LOL, yeah it's time to stop 'sitting' on the good stuff! :-)

OldAFSarge said...

1100 hours! Damn, I'm retired and I ain't getting up that early.

Oh wait, I retired from the USAF, I still have a real job. Never mind.

Just gotta remember to get coffee before the end. Don't want to go out with a low caffeine level!

Coffeypot said...

One of my blogging/Facebook pals has a good philosophy about tomorrow:
"The world ends tomorrow, so remember to force yourself on that special someone you've always had your eye on today."

MSgt B said...

Medic - It was worth the plane ticket.

Larry - Don't want to go out of this world looking like a hippy.

Old NFO - Amen, brother.

OldAFSarge - LOL. Thanks for dropping in and hitting the follower button.

Coffey - Excellent advice.