Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sunday morning sleep-in #32

On this day, in 1816, Percy Bysshe Shelley and Mary Godwin were married.

They left their mark on the literature of this world forever.


I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: `Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear --
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.'      
                                          ~ Percy Bysshe Shelley; Ozymandias

-----------------------------------------
 Did I request thee, Maker, from my clay
To mould me Man, did I solicit thee
From darkness to promote me?
                                          ~ Mary Shelley; Frankenstein

-----------------------------------------
Getting out of Martinsburg yesterday morning was a pain.
Cleaning all the snow off the truck, then getting out of the ice-covered parking lot at the hotel.
Found out I've got a leak in the right front tire, so I had to stop and top it off before getting on the highway.

Then I'm on the road, the snow was coming down pretty heavy, so "slow and easy" was the name of the game.

And ten minutes into the drive, the radio cuts out. (blown fuse) I had to sing to keep myself entertained.

I've left my mark on the music of this world forever.

video

---------------------------------------------


4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Ummm... Don't give up the day job! :-D Glad you got out of there in once piece!

Coffeypot said...

I'm sure it sounds better in the shower. But I would have had to find a WalMart, KMart or something with an auto barn and got the radio fixed. Got to have my Rush or Sean when I drive...if not an audio book.

agirlandhergun said...

Glad you arrived home safe and sound! Hope Mrs. B feels better.

MSgt B said...

Old NFO - Would have been much worse if I'd stayed way up in Morgantown, instead of driving down to Martinsburg to stay the night.

Coffey - Fixed it as soon as I got home. There were spare fuses in the box. I've got a leak somewhere at the bottom of the windshield. Heavy rains rains leave a little puddle on the passenger floorboard.

A Girl - Thanks. She'll be just fine. (With a little pampering)