Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday morning sleep-in #30

I really did sleep in today.

The title is supposed to be a bit of a joke. Usually, sleeping in for me lasts until 0630 or 0700.

Went down to Richmond last night for the company Christmas party. I did the driving, so it was diet Pepsi all night for me. I forget about all the caffeine in that stuff. I must have put away three or four of those things through the night last night.

I ended up going to bed at 0100, and stayed there until 0900.

----------------------------------
I've still got a little bit of time before the estrogen-fueled maniacs get going this morning.

I need to use that time to get their Christmas gifts wrapped.

They're worse than a couple of twelve-year-olds when it comes to Christmas gifts. Hefting, shaking and fondling their little paper-wrapped goodies. All the while, they are subtly grilling the gift-giver. "You didn't spend too much, did you?" "Where did you get it?" "Gee, this doesn't weigh much at all." "Did you see the sale the BX was having on jewelry?"

This year I'm just going to sigh loudly and give in... "Okay babe, I got you a bottle opener made from a chunk of elk antler. If you're a good girl, Daddy will let you open his Christmas beer with it."

----------------------------------
Inappropriate humor in 3...2....






6 comments:

Larry said...

That last picture is truth in advertising.

Robert Fowler said...

So is the first one. Especially when you add a couple dogs to the mix.

agirlandhergun said...

Ahh, a good sleep in. Nothing better or so I've heard.

Coffeypot said...

Judy and I settled the blanket thing by putting two on the bed. One for each. And I usuall have Sprite or GingerAle when I am the DD.

TOTWTYTR said...

I love that last picture. When my daughter was younger, I mentioned that if she ever married Bill Gates, he'd have to get a second job to support her.

Everyone thought I was kidding.

MSgt B said...

Larry - Amen!

Robert - The dog knows well enough to stay off the bed when I'm around. Doesn't stop him from hopping up there as soon as I've gone to work.

A Girl - Ha Ha. Living the good life.

Coffey - Mrs B says the bed has to be made "properly" (OCD) so one blanket only, and I wear pajamas so I don't freeze to death after she hogs it.

TOTWTYTR - LOL. And the Dad gets stuck with the bill for the wedding? Who's idea was that?