Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Road Pics #5


Northbound on 95, headed for D.C.. Looks like preparations are being made for Inauguration Day.





Man, those Air Force dudes are badass...

-----------------------------------------
Didn't make it home last night. Spent too long on the job out in Morgantown WV, so I only made it back as far as Martinsburg before having to stop for the night.

The silver lining was that I got to have a burger and a beer with Murphy's Law.

I get a chuckle thinking about it now. We were both so damn road-weary it was ridiculous. He had just driven down from Detroit, and I had been on the road or on the job since 0600. Still, it was nice to get the chance. I don't get out this way much.

I got to meet Murphy himself too. Nice doggie.

-----------------------------------------


6 comments:

Jess said...

It's a little ironic to think we're borrowing a boat load of money to inaugurate a President that raised the debt limit by 78%. I could say it's analogous to shooting ourselves in the foot, but the round is too large and our foot too small.

Meanwhile, I can envision some joining, but it has nothing to do with the Air Force.

agirlandhergun said...

I'm nauseous.

agirlandhergun said...

And a little jealous. Hoping to meet Murphy and his pup soon!

Coffeypot said...

HA! I joined the Navy to ride the waves, but they stuck me on a ship instead.

MSgt B said...

Jess - Good point.

A Girl - He's a very handsome dog.

Coffey - I won't hold it against you.

Coffeypot said...

I hear that all the time from my wife.