Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday Morning Mood Music








Two ladies from The Runaways that went in two very different directions (creatively speaking) after the band broke up.

Even eight years later, "The Runaway Weekend" was spoken about in reverent hushed tones around The Bayou.
A true urban legend.

Now that my kids are grown and beginning their own adult lives, it makes me a bit sad that The Bayou is no longer there.
I saw some of the best rock and punk shows there in the eighties. On top of the booked shows, you just never knew who was going to show up unannounced on a Friday night to jam and party with the crowd.

Met my wife there in '87. She was wearing a light white blouse over a black bra, a blue denim miniskirt with white leather fringe, and white cowboy boots with chrome toecaps and fancy stitching.

Stole my heart forever.


(It was the boots)

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

I missed all that, since I was overseas, but glad 'somebody' got to enjoy it! ;-)

Coffeypot said...

Rock and Punk are okay. But you haven't lived until you have been to a smoking Bluegrass Festival. Walking around to the different shows or standing under a tent with a bunch of pickers jamming...and the women in shorts and tee's. Best summer entertainment ever.

Broken Andy said...

Oh, the power of a pair of sexy boots!

MSgt B said...

Old NFO - It was awesome. Glad I never have to do it again, though.

Coffey - We have good bluegrass here in Virginia, but I rarely see young women taking their shirts off and crowd surfing at a bluegrass concert. Just sayin'.

Andy - Tell me about it.

No. Seriously. Tell me about it. I've never met your old lady. Got any good stories? :)

Larry said...

The Boathouse is gone as well...