Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Better than Pizza

My first middle-of-the-night callout in my new job.
 
The cool thing is that all my remote sites are linked into a cell system that sends text messages to my phone when something goes wrong.
 
I've been listening to the guys on site use the old tried and true method "If it doesn't work, turn it off and on, and try it again."
 
String of alarms to my phone...Off...On...string of alarms to my phone...Off...On...string of alarms to my phone...Off...On...
 
Since 0100.
 
So I guess I'm hitting the road early.
 
-------------------------------------------------------
Goldsboro, NC
 
After that pizza dinner, I had to find something a little healthier. I chowed down on some raw fish and rice.
 

Check out all those Japanese beers. Asahi, Sapporo, they even had Kirin in bottles or on tap.

I drank Rolling Rock. It goes great with raw fish.





The place is Sumo Japanese Steak and Sushi, on Spence Rd in Goldsboro.
Nice place. A little pricey, keeping raw fish stocked ain't cheap.

8 comments:

Bob S. said...

That looks like Billy's Backstreet Bar and Restaurant. Is it?

It has been a very long while since I was in Goldsboro. I was stationed at the base there in '82 through '85

Bob S. said...

Guess I should have read a little more then looked at the pictures.


It isn't Billy's.

Old NFO said...

Nice, I'll add it to the list if I'm down that way!

wandering neurons said...

Nice find on the sushi restaurant. Good ones are hard to find.
Oh, and here's your portable coffee maker for travel:
http://www.handpresso.com/handpresso_auto.html#

Coffeypot said...

I do love me some Jap beer. Sushi is good, but I can't eat all types. Some of it is better used a fish bate.

agirlandhergun said...

I didn't even know you posed for Japanese statues. You look good without a shirt.

MSgt B said...

Bob - I thought about running over there, but I had to make it an early night. Billy's is still there from what I've heard.

Old NFO - It's worth it. Cute bartender too.

Wandering Neurons - Wow. Now that was cool. I don't think I want to pay that much for a good cup of espresso though.

Coffey - I got hooked on Kirin lager over there. Good stuff.

A Girl - I'll send you some pictures. My moobs have been known to cause women to faint, so have TSM there ready to catch you.

tom said...

MSgt B,
I've lived in Goldsboro for 20 years (USAF Ret). Billie's closed 5 or 6 years ago. Then the building was a pub-type. Now it's the Flying Owl, don't bother. Service is slow, & the food is meh! Strange to read someone's blog about our little corner of Heaven.
Such as it is.
Tom