Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday Bluesday

In my opinion, the finest tune Steely Dan produced...



------------------------------------------------------
 
The Rusty Nail
I bought some Drambuie a couple weeks ago and tried this one out.
Mix equal parts Drambuie and single malt scotch (I used Glenlivet) and serve over ice in a tumbler.
 
SIP IT. Take your time. This one sneaks up on you.

--------------------------------------------------------
Mostly on the road this week, so expect some road pics.

Here's one to get you started.


Yuengling Lager draught at the Thai place for dinner last night.

My co-worker and I stumbled across the place by accident. By the time we got to the hotel and showered, we were looking for a quick stop at a sub joint or something. (My work day yesterday had me seriously considering that truck driving school again.)

Man, we hit the jackpot.

The place is called Tommy Thai.
Just outside the beltway, if you take the Old Keen Mill Rd exit west from 95, and then turn right at the very first light, there will be a strip mall on your left. This place is tucked away back in the far right corner of the strip mall.
About $20-$30 per person, depending on whether or not you get the appetizer and/or a couple beers.
I got the Spicy Thai Wrap appetizer, Seafood Drunken Noodles entree, and two draught Yuenglings, and walked out $30 lighter, after the tip.

It was worth every damn cent. I haven't had Thai food that good in years.


(Fuck it. I don't think a truck driving job would have the expense account I have now. I'll stick with what I've got.)

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Oh man, gotta add that place to the list! Good Thai is hard to find... and concur on Steely Dan!!!

Keads said...

Steely Dan. Tough to pick just one!

Coffeypot said...

I brought back a mason jar full of shine from my Navy reunion. Man it is some smooth stuff gong down but a bit of a kick once it hits the stomach. GOOOODDDDD Stuff.

MSgt B said...

Old NFO - Definitely worth the trip.

Keads - Inorite?

Coffey - and as a bonus, you can use it to strip paint off your furniture...