Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Friday, November 9, 2012

TGIF?

I'm not getting a day off until the problem I'm currently buried in at work is fixed. I have a good idea now what's causing it, but getting it straightened out is going to be a silver-plated bitch.
I'm supposed to go back down into North Carolina again Monday.
HR finally called last night and made it official, I'll be taking over the mid-atlantic region starting November 19th. (Even though I've been doing a large portion of the job already, it's nice to get the pay raise that's supposed to go with it.)
My division within the faceless multi-national corporate conglomerate that I work for is being re-organized. They're tidying things up and making it look pretty so they can auction us off to the highest bidder next year. (I hear the Chinese are walking around with a lot of extra cash.)
I've found a nice place and made arrangements for us to move to Richmond in February. We'll rent for a bit, until we find out who's buying us next year, and how that's going to go.

Too much for one day.

So I need to have a good day today and be a hero. Wish me luck.




13 comments:

Paxford said...

Love the Duct tape quote! :)

Pax

agirlandhergun said...

Congrats on the official word. Happy Friday!

Keads said...

Good luck dude!

Coffeypot said...

Way to go on fooling the bosses that you know what you are doing. That takes real talent. With the Chinese walking around, I just hope you like rice. No go out and become a hero...again.

azmrmacs said...

To quote one of my favorite movies, "Real Genius": I'm both happy and sad for you.
You have gotten the recognition you deserve, but my not hold it long if your company transitions.
And you're moving farther away from the gang here...

Stay safe on the road!

azmrmacs said...

Oh, and if you need a strong back, weak mind, and a truck with big utility trailer for the move to Richmond, holler!

ProudHillbilly said...

Congrats!

And I wish we'd thought of the taped to ceiling thing when I was in college.

Old NFO said...

Finally! :-) Congrats, and work your 'normal' magic to get things fixed!!!

MSgt B said...

Pax - Me too.

A Girl - Thanks

Keads - Thanks

Coffey - Shhh. Don't tell them.

mrmacs - I'll keep the offer in mind. We'll see if the company is going to pick up some of the tab.

Hillbilly - Looks like fun, doesn't it?

Old NFO - Thanks, still working on the magic...

Christina LMT said...

Congrats on the raise!

Friday is my Monday, so...:P

Christina LMT said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Larry said...

May you live in interesting times.

MSgt B said...

Christina - Thanks. I used to enjoy weekdays off, but I've gotten lazy now.

Larry - Too interesting sometimes...