Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Hurts so Good

Over the next few months or so my life is going to turn into an almost constant travelling circus, as I get settled into my new job.
I'm going to warm up my camera and start posting pictures of what I see on the road. Most days that will probably be the extent of my blogging.
Perhaps things will start to settle down for me by about March or April.


------------------------------------------
Today, for instance. I'm headed down to North Carolina again to see some of the sites I'll be responsible for, and to meet our technicians down there. I'll be back to my home plant after that for the rest of the week, to help my #1 transition into running the place full time. Next Monday is West Virginia again, and I still need to hit South Carolina and Tennessee sometime after that.
Hell, I haven't even set foot on all our sites in my home state of Virginia.

It's "Road Warrior" time. I'm polishing up my colander right now.


-----------------------------------------
Yesterday, after the range, I went to lunch with A Girl and Her Gun and The Sexy Marine (TSM)
(Yeah. That's right. This is me name-dropping to show you what cool people I hang out with.)

It was a nice little Kabob place in a strip mall just a few miles up the road. I ordered some ground lamb patties with spices added. TSM got the same thing. The guy behind the counter asked us if we wanted it "spicy" or not.

I should have known. I even had a premonition of my own demise.
I regaled A Girl and TSM with the story about my brother-in-law, who came to visit us many years ago and ate with us at the little Thai place near our house (Langley AFB).

Barely into the meal, all the mucus membranes in my head went into overdrive. My eyes were watering, I was salivating uncontrollably and my nose started running like a faucet.

I'm definitely going back there again.

----------------------------------------

7 comments:

agirlandhergun said...

It was a tad bit embarrassing...

Be safe out there on the road.

Broken Andy said...

My advice, start downloading podcasts. That makes the miles go by faster.

Be safe.

Coffeypot said...

Have safe fun on the road. And Ti food is great for cleaning out all the orifices.

TurtleBurt said...

Loved the cartoon.

Keeo on truckin.

Old NFO said...

Ain't THAT the truth on MANY levels... Travel safe! And remember the Thai place outside Gate 1? And the pepper scale??? I never have gotten over two peppers and STILL thought I was on fire!!!

Brigid said...

Midwest Chick, who is tiny and beautifully delicate looking and blond can eat food so hot it would melt the sun. She doesn't even break a sweat. So it was with great glee we heard about a friend who was afraid to try this insanely hot pepper. He, not knowing her immunity, asked her to try it, she did, crunching it down lke it was a Frito. He then proceeded to try it and his head blew off I think. He won't be doing THAT again.

MSgt B said...

A Girl - You and TSM are so nice. Any one of my other friends would have teased me mercilessly when that spice took hold. Andy would have taken pictures.

Andy - Amen. Just found out my "new" truck doesn't have a CD player. Bummed.

Coffey - It's one of my favorites.

Burt - Thanks

Old NFO - Oh yeah. There was a Vietnamese noodle joint outside the Chibana gate that was just as bad (good)

Brigid - I'd love to meet them some day, but I'm not eating any peppers...