Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Finally, the day has arrived

Hopefully, when I wake up tomorrow, our nation will have been made a better place by the actions of my fellow Americans.

If not, at least the political junk mail will stop weighing down my mail box, and we can get back to some normal TV commercials.



---------------------------------------------------
Mostly Cajun gets the Quote of the Day for election day, 2012.

Don't Panic
Expect Obama to show an early lead in exit polls... until Republicans start getting off work.

---------------------------------------------------
Random dissonant memory:

When we first went to Okinawa, we had three Japanese channels on the TV, and AFRTS broadcast out of Camp Foster.

The kids grew up watching Dragonball-Z in Japanese. They would run around the yard screaming "Heeeiyaaa!" and striking martial arts poses, then shouting a bad mimicry of the lines they heard often on the show.

For all we knew, they were screaming at the top of their lungs, "The dragon-fish has such large testicles!"


It's funny, the things you miss when they get older.

---------------------------------------------------
A lot of time on the road this week.

Yesterday was spent out in West Virginia. I'll hang around here this morning long enough to vote, then back on the road for a couple more days.


Times they are a-changin'.

--------------------------------------------------

8 comments:

Jess said...

I've become pretty good at hanging up robo-calls. I can recognize the pause, the clicks and now have a personal contest to see how fast I can hang up before the message.

Of course, there are a few mistakes, but friends understand such things. Good friends don't hesitate before they speak.

Coffeypot said...

I'd give my left nut (I'm so old I don't use it much anymore anyway) to have cable TV. I have DISH and HATE IT.

Stay safe on the road. For the life of me, in this day and time, I don't see why you don't have a car to drive. But if you prefer hitting the road, go for it.

Broken Andy said...

I have guns and a wicked bad attitude to prevent that dog collar thing!

ProudHillbilly said...

Political robo-calls will stop - yay!

BobG said...

The photo is obviously a shit sandwich.

agirlandhergun said...

Be safe on your travels!!!

Keads said...

Safe travels my friend!

MSgt B said...

Thanks to everyone for stopping by.
Still on the road.

Busy busy busy