Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday morning sleep-in #24

Caught two zombie movies last night.
The first one, The Dead Undead, was a nice twist on the usual theme, throwing together zombies and vampires. The cheese was thick, enhanced by some of the worst acting I've seen in a while. I'm not talking about your run-of-the-mill bad acting. I don't expect Oscar award-winning thespians in a zombie flick. That sort of thing happens quite rarely. (Zombieland) This acting was low on the scale for even a zombie flick, but a few of them get an 'A' for effort anyway. Spice Williams in particular. (Ginger alert!) She's made a living in Hollywood as a sunt-woman for years, but I've never seen her get an acting role before. It had the requisite number of scantily clad young ladies running around screaming, and some excellent firearms displayed.
2 1/2 Stars (and that extra 1/2 star is for the mounted SAW alone)

Exit Humanity was the second movie. Wow...what can I say? I was pleasantly surprised. Good acting, a real plot line and excellent cinematography. This was a zombie flick that someone had decided to spend some real money on. The only drawback was the slower pace of the movie, and quite a bit less gore than usual. It's a zombie movie after all, I wanna see some brrraaaaiins. Mark Gibson is a kid to keep an eye on. He's just getting started in the industry, and this movie was definitely a feather in his cap. It was set in the 1870's, so the firearms were pretty easy to get right.
3 Stars


---------------------------------------------
Nice slow day today, although I need to get off my ass and make a run to the dump and over to Quantico for a few things. The Redskins/Giants game is on at 1 pm, and I need to have my sexy little butt planted on the couch by 12:55.

Tomorrow is all road trip, all day.

--------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Suz said...

I'll bet that beggar is doing OK these days! I'd give a few bucks just for his business savvy.

Old NFO said...

+1 on Suz!!!

Hate to tell ya, but I think the Giants are gonna kick ass... :-)

Odysseus said...

Past a certain point panhandling signs could almost be performance art(and a better use for the National Endowment for the Arts than the talentless hacks it currently goes to). Just like the first person to make up the "ninjas killed my family, need money for kung-fu lessons" sign.

What might be an interesting sign would be "tips welcome for the clean sidewalk on this block" then pick up all the cigaret butts etc.

MSgt B said...

Suz - I'd pay him too.

Old NFO - Ouch. Sure was a great game to watch, up until we lost.

Odie - "I'll tell you a joke for 50 cents" Then say it's another dollar for the punch line.