Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday Morning Coffee #24

Who writes a post like this?

and then follows it up a few days later with this?

This guy does.












"No, I'm not a Bad Mother****er...I'm The Bad Mother****er"
(I have it on good authority he never actually said that, but he should have.)

He wrote a few books you can pick up at Amazon, Here, Here and Here.



---------------------------------------------------------
My very first duty station was McGuire AFB, New Jersey. (The armpit of the Air Force) They still did basic training next door at Ft. Dix, and the Guard unit on McGuire was still flying those F-4's every weekend.

We lived in a trailer at the end of the main runway, about 200 yards out from the overun, and just a few yards to the right of centerline.
(Less than a year after we sold that trailer and left, the Air Force decided the whole trailer park was pretty much the most dangerous place to live on base. They told everyone living there that they could not sell their trailers when they PCS'd. They had to pack them up and take them away.)

Every weekend those F-4's would pass right over our trailer pulling into their high-G turns, sideways about 100 feet off the deck, with afterburners going to beat the band.
Man, that whole trailer would shake on it's foundation. (Yeah. I said foundation. There was nothing mobile about that mobile home. It had been sitting there since 1969, and had an addition built on the side, and a screened-in porch added to that.) (I feel sorry for whoever got stuck trying to move that thing off base.)
The windows would rattle in their frames, the dishes would jump in the cabinets and the TV remote would dance across the coffee table. Before he was two, my son learned to sleep through anything.

Contrary to any rumors you may have heard, my wife and I did not intentionally try to time our baby-making activities for when the Guard unit was flying.

---------------------------------------------------------
Daughter is going out of town for the weekend.

I need to get up to Quantico and get the grocery trip knocked out, so I can go pantsless the rest of the weekend.

Maybe I could pay Murphy to make some low passes over the house. Try to recapture some of our youth.

---------------------------------------------------------
Inappropriate humor in 3....2....







2 comments:

agirlandhergun said...

I actually think the inappropriate humor was just a tad bit higher than stated.

MSgt B said...

Higher caliber?

Higher rated?

Oooh

Higher on the page than I stated...

Well, yeah, I'm a very funny guy. Sometimes I have trouble containing myself.