Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday meatsack special

On Monday last week, the USDA put out a snippet in their newsletter, encouraging employees to participate in Meatless Mondays.


So the National Cattlemens Beef Association got wind of it and went full-on tactical response on them.

Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) got in on the act with his tweeter...
"USDA HQ meatless Mondays!! At the Dept. of Agriculture? Heresy! I'm not grazing there. I will have the double rib-eye Mondays instead." (LOL Love that guy's sense of humor!)

So, basically, the USDA gets out there within three days and pulls their support of Meatless Mondays with a twitter message.

Dorks.

I don't have much of an opinion either way, except to maybe say something like, BACON IS LIFE, MORE IS GOOD.

The idea of some government flunky "suggesting" what I should or should not eat pretty much chaps my ass on any day.
So tonight's menu will include a big, juicy London Broil.

Why London Broil? Because, tobacco, that's why.

Yeah...a London Broil with mashed potatoes and asparagus...with a cigarette and a whiskey for dessert. Then I'm going to go outside and run my chainsaw for a few minutes. I'm not going to cut anything, but it'll feel good to rev up that oil-burning two-stroke for a bit.

8 comments:

Jess said...

I'd rather a Monday without bureaucrats. Call it "Meat Head Monday". Have a few million of the parasites of tax dollars take the day off without pay.

agirlandhergun said...

That was a nice chuckle.

I don't care at all if someone wants to suggest doing something, but when it is mandated or forced on me then I have problem.

Broken Andy said...

Oh, "run my chainsaw" isn't a euphemism? Dang, cuz that would have been really funny!

Coffeypot said...

They can take my beef from my cold, clamped jaws. I'll go along with Steve King (how would you like to live with that name...kinda like me with Coffey) in that I will make sure to eat beef and pork on Mondays...Bacon Cheeseburger.

Murphy's Law said...

Gonna grill a steak tonight, just because.

DirtCrashr said...

I am slow-cookin' a pork shoulder, 3.6 lbs of pure porky goodness, with onion, garlic and pepper - and a bay leaf.

Old NFO said...

I'm betting it WAS approved before it was disapproved... Just sayin! Waitin on the grill to heat up now!

MSgt B said...

Jess - You should start a movement. I bet you could get a grant from the government.

A Girl - Thanks, and thanks again for the linkage.

Andy - Mrs B calls it my "manbrator".

Coffey - Welcome to the club.

Murphy - Gonna share with Murph?

DirCrashr - Sounds delicious!

Old NFO - You didn't build that grill! Someone else built it for you!