Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday morning sleep-in #7

I totally missed the chance to go to the fun show in Chantilly with Andy and Old NFO.
Bummer. Hope one of you guys will put up an AAR that I can drool over.

I took care of all my household chores yesterday because my FY13 budget is due Monday, and I've hardly started.
Today will be a fun-filled adventure of staring at a laptop screen and crunching numbers.

Maybe I'll start drinking early. My budget always looks better with beer.

------------------------------------------------------
I made a quick-and-easy crock-pot chili yesterday, and I have a confession to make.

Mrs B doesn't like onions in her chili. Can you believe that? Says they give her gas. (and she ain't lyin')

Me, I like healthy chunks of onion swimming in there, with just enough crunch left to them to add a nice texture along with the flavor.
She won't touch a pot of chili if she can see onions in it.

So I "sneak" onions into the mix. I slice them thin and throw them in while I'm browning the beef. By the time the chili's been simmering all afternoon, they've cooked down to virtually nothing, but you still get that vital flavor component in the chili.

What good is a pot of chili if you can't sit around the living room with your old lady and fart so much your daughter leaves the room in tears?

-------------------------------------------------


Something about that video just comes across as a little creepy.

6 comments:

Broken Andy said...

"What good is a pot of chili if you can't sit around the living room with your old lady and fart so much your daughter leaves the room in tears?"

Ah.. family time. There's nothing like it.

Coffeypot said...

I like to chop up an onion and sprinkle them over my chili. I like raw onions more than cooked. And I don't worry about farting...mine reminds me of rose petals.

Old NFO said...

+1 on Andy's comment! No ARs, but we did 'find' a couple of things... :-) Have fun with the budget! Are you up for a shoot on the 24th?

MSgt B said...

Andy - We put the "fun" in dysfunctional.

Coffey - Chopped raw onion on the chilidogs the next day - Win!

Old NFO - Ha Ha "Have fun with the budget" sounds a lot like "Have fun removing your old tattoo with that rusty cheese grater"
Definitely up for shooting the 24th, let's see who we can round up.

Brigid said...

ah. . stealth onions, releasing their clouds of noxious gas on the unsuspecting.

Sounds like good chili to me!

MSgt B said...

and why is it even better after a night in the fridge? I never understood that.