Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fireflies

So I got it in my head to go out at sunset and film the fireflies in the backyard for you guys. (Thanks, Roberta)

Somewhere over the back hedge, a kid starts singing......the Adhan?

Wow...Talk about a blast from the past. It sounded like the Sunni version.

-------------------------------------------
Yeah, and then I tried uploading the video to Blogger.

We got in a wrestling match. (Me and Blogger, not the kid who lives behind me and sings the Adhan.)

She had me pinned easy in the first round, and I ended up having to restart the computer twice just to get logged back in.
So I figure I should go for best out of three and get something posted before I'm locked out for good.

See, I made a promise to myself when I started this that, for at least the first year, I would post something every day.
As anyone who has been reading my blog can attest, this has led to an impressive amount of drivel and garbage posts.
Now I have something kinda cool to post and I end up on my fourth point of contact.

Happy F***ing Father's Day.

--------------------------------------------
I've gotta get to work.

I'll e-mail the video over to Andy. He's some kind of computer wizard.

If he can get the video to post, I'll pay him 20 rounds of ammo for his "new" Enfield.

--------------------------------------------


UPDATE: I figured out how to trim it down some after all. Sorry Andy...  Now I'm late for work.

video

7 comments:

Broken Andy said...

You're working again today. Dude, you need a new job!

Paxford said...

Awww very cool video - little sparkly bugs!

Pax

Coffeypot said...

I give the song a 1. Can't dance to it and it makes me feel like calling 911 for someone in need of help.

agirlandhergun said...

Hope you had a little bit of fun and relatxation on Father's Day!!

Off to check out the video.

Old NFO said...

Good ones MSgt, and happy Father's Day! I'm working too, but it's Monday here... :-)

Brigid said...

I got three days off. Woot!

Have a happy Father's Day (we're rewiring the shop, always fun!)

MSgt B said...

Andy - I couldn't agree with you more.

Pax - Hey! Long time no see.

Coffey - I thought the same thing until I picked out the "Allah hu Akbar"

A Girl - Pass on a "Happy Father's Day" to the sexy Marine for me.

Old NFO - Enjoy your Typhoons!

Brigid - You lucky duck. Be careful and don't get electrocuted.