Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Where I try to muse over pints

For David:

Inspired by one of my favorite bloggers, I thought I would try to muse over some pints of real beer while I was in Indy last week.

We stopped at The Triton brewery on old Fort Benjamin Harrison.


Clockwise, I started with the Fieldhouse Wheat, MSgt J was having the Railsplitter IPA, Mrs B loved the Four Barrel Brown and Mrs J had the Magnificent Amber.

They were awesome beers. For the second round, everyone stayed the same except MSgt J, who switched over to the B-Java Brown. A dark ale brewed with ten pounds of Espresso beans.

You heard me right...Coffee. Flavored. Beer.

We were using the delicious brews to wash down fries, and not just any fries.


We started with Chef Dan's regular seasoned fries (awesome Cajun) and then followed up with a batch of the best sweet potato fries I've ever had (seasoned with brown sugar, cinnamon and something else I just couldn't put my finger on)


We talked the waitress into selling us two of the little round beer-tasting glasses you can see on the table there. She also threw in some stickers and some coasters because I'm so damn good looking.

My 'Happy' Face

I was musing just fine until I got halfway through that second beer. They sure do make them strong out there in Indy.

5 comments:

David said...

Well done. Sounds like a great place, glad you shared.

And now you know the hazards of beer blogging. Yea, it's tough job but it must be done!

Cheers.

Coffeypot said...

I like going to the micro-brewerys around here. So many different taste. And I have to say, you sure do look like a happy camper.

agirlandhergun said...

You do indeed look like a happy camper:)

Old NFO said...

LOL, glad y'all had fun out there!

MSgt B said...

David - Thanks for the inspiration

Coffey - I'm usually a Miller Lite guy, it was a nice change.

A Girl - I'm always happy (after a couple beers)

Old NFO - It was a blast