Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday Morning Coffee

Good morning and welcome to Cliff, who hit the follower button some time in the last week.

I've been remiss in keeping up with maintenance around here, so we'll get to that stuff first before I tell you about my awesome Sunday.

---------------------------------------------
Finally updating my "Bloggers I've Met" list.

David and A Girl and Her Gun are up there now, great shooting with them last week.

Now I've added Brigid to the list as well. She is a cool and classy lady, and E.J.'s not a bad fella either.

The Bucket List gets another check mark.


The Broad Ripple Brew Pub certainly lived up to it's reputation.
Brigid's "eclectic menu" description didn't do it justice. There was some seriously weird Hippie food on there. (What the fuck is a Tapouli, anyway?)


I stuck with your basic Bison Burger, with cheddar and bacon and all the rest of the fixin's. Pretty damn good burger, even though I couldn't finish it. I think the Scotch Eggs appetizer took up too much space.

What impressed me most about meeting Brigid?
Was it all the weapons she kept pulling out of her purse to show the wife?
Nope.
It was the Nachos.


Those babies were loaded. I was worried that a hottie like her was going to order a house salad with vinaigrette on the side, and nibble lettuce leaves while everyone else had real food.
Not a chance. She scarfed those bad boys down like nobody's business.

---------------------------------------------------
After lunch with Brigid and a stroll on the Monon, we went over to MSgt J's in-laws place for dinner.
That's a whole other blog post.

Right now it's time for me to get off the computer and get ready to go shooting with  MSgt J.

Y'all enjoy your Monday.

9 comments:

Broken Andy said...

That's a pretty interesting bucket list, for sure!

CTone said...

Definitely a doozie of a list. Never done anything like that. . . .well, I actually have run naked in a typhoon.

Old NFO said...

LOL, yep you're Air Force alright... :-) Good folks up there!

MSgt B said...

Andy - I'm afraid Tam's bikini picture will always remain the stuff of legends.

CTone - Stings, doesn't it?

Old NFO - Brigid says Hi.

Brigid said...

It was great fun, and I figured it was better to show the large hand made fighting knife BEFORE the nachoes came out. Just to avoid an unpleasant poaching incident :-)

We will all definitely have to do it again.

MSgt B said...

It worked...

On a Wing and a Whim said...

MSgtB - I saw the picture about 4 years ago; it does exist. I do not own a copy, though, so all I can do is assure you that it's not mythical.

How long did it take to beat your wife at pinochle?

MSgt B said...

I saw it myself, maybe a bit further back than that. All I have now are sweet, sweet memories...
I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to rib Tam about it.

Apparently, the issue of whether I beat my wife at pinochle, or her loss was due to the brilliant strategy of my partner, is still open for debate.
(According to Mrs B)

wrm said...

You guys are shitting me, right? Tam blogged that picture back in 2008...