Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My foray into Bubba-hood

Yes. I teased the hell out of Andy over his Dorking of his Mini-14.

I have a confession to make...I too once let my inner Bubba take over.
My victim was my Ruger 10-22. A fine rifle by any standards.














I picked up the whole bullpup kit for something like $60-70.
This is America; you get what you pay for.

It did give me the opportunity to fiddle with my gun for quite some time, until I realized that no amount of work was going to make it run smoothly or shoot well.

A "MSgt B Certified POS"

8 comments:

skidmark said...

That is not "Bubba-ing". No evidence of a Dremel to be seen anywhere. No extraneous holes drilled where they did not need to be. No ruining of good and decent wood. And certainly no evidence of having been dipped repeatedly in clear urethane till there is an outer shell at least 1/8-inch thick.

On the other hand, it is an abomination. Not quite a Frankengun, but clearly in the "something aint right" category.

stay safe.

CTone said...

Who knew $60 is all it takes to turn a mild mannered instrument of plinking into satan's own instrument of death and dismemberment? Better keep extra locks on that assault thingie to keep it from getting out!

Stephen said...

We all have our 'bubba' moments in life....I too once did a bubba on a 10/22. Regretted it almost immediately.

Broken Andy said...

Oh no! Not a bull-pup stock! That's just ghetto.





So... you're gonna let me try it out, right? I've got some black 25 round mags that might make it look tighter... and perhaps a laser/light combo somewhere.

MSgt B said...

Hi Skidmark. I definitely wasn't trying to do anything I couldn't put right again.

CTone - Definitely scarier than your average 10/22. Especially when all the plastic pieces start to loosen up after the first 50 rounds.

Stephen - To quote Andy "This is what happens when you don't have gunnie friends around to slap you."

Andy - LOL. You're incorrigible!

Old NFO said...

Yep, you 'Bubba'ed it... :-)

rgranger said...

I have a couple of those mags, they seem to mis-feed a lot? you have any issues with yours?

MSgt B said...

The mags worked fine with the normal 10/22 setup.

On that bullpup POS you can see where the bottom of the mag and the pistol grip actually touch. I think that was pushing things out of whack just a little and causing some feed issues. Usually at least one jam per magazine, unless I switched to the old 10-round ones.