Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday morning wake-up

Back to the 4am - 4pm grind again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That was the best day off I've had in a while. Got to go shooting at the NRA range, meet some cool people and bought a pair of NRA shotgun-shell shot glasses at the museum store.
The museum was about the most beautiful place I've ever seen, but walking around trying to hide my boner for a couple hours was getting difficult.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I get to start a "Bloggers I've met" blog list now.

The Miller

In Search of the Tempestuous Sea

Excels at Nothing

United Conservatives of Virginia (cargosquid)

Legion's Fate

And there was a really nice couple there who's names I can't remember right now. Turns out they live in the old neighborhood where I grew up. Small world. Right?
Not only that, but she teaches at the high school I went to. (Okay, I went there for one year before I got in trouble and got sent to military school with the Finklestein kid)

I was a "problem child"....don't act so surprised.

Anyway, drop me a line bro, so we can keep in touch (and I can stop calling you "that guy" all the time)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The final outcome of the blog shoot was that I was reminded why I wanted to start blogging in the first place.
So it's time for me to dedicate some real time to writing. Anyone who reads my drivel on a regular basis knows that my job has been getting in the way of my hobby quite a bit lately.
Things will smooth out over the next few weeks. I'll be keeping up the daily doses of this and that, but rest assured, I'm already working on some real writing as of last night.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last-minute updates:

Wow!!!!Elevenses!!!1!11
Check out this blog I found through Skidmark.

Please. Please. Please. Stop by and let her know she is not alone.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DaddyBear brings the snark to the Start Wars saga: (Quote of the week)

Talking about Qui-Gon Jin -
"...he follows the battle plan of a teenage girl, fights an evil Sith that looks like he was born out of a Larry Correia fever dream, and loses because his devoted Padwan was never good at wind sprints. Obi-wan then goes on to finish the job by turning Darth Maul from an innie into an outie, saving the day. Obi-Wan makes a promise to Qui-Gon to teach Anakin Skywalker all of the skills he will need to bring down a democratic regime and murder just about everyone Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon know."

Go. RTWT.

...a Larry Corriea fever dream... *giggle snort*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


8 comments:

Old NFO said...

Glad you made it up there!

Nancy R. said...

"That guy" = Al? I'm horrible and names.

I'm glad I finally caught up with you all.

Nancy R. said...

Horrible *with* names. And apparently typing.

Broken Andy said...

I have AJ written down. Nice guy. And a very understanding wife.

MSgt B said...

Old NFO - Don't forget my teriyaki!

Nancy - I'm glad you caught up with us too.

Andy - AJ! Yep, that's it.

Hey AJ, sorry about forgetting your name.

DaddyBear said...

Thanks!

CTone said...

It was good meeting you! Since you're in my AO, hit me up sometime when you've got some of that. . . what's it called. . . .that stuff. . . .oh yeah, free time!

MSgt B said...

It's on, CTone.

Actually, some of that free time is starting to roll back in today. My top tech is back on site, so I took most of the day off.