Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Let's talk about guns

I'm going to lose my Conservative Blogger street cred if I don't start posting about guns. So here goes...


What is it with Glock?  (AKA "The Austrian Face Grenade")

Is it such a superior handgun?
Not really.


The action is 'clunky', way too heavy for such a lightweight plastic (Ahem, sorry...Polymer) frame.


The grip angle is all wrong. Admittedly, this is a personal preference thing, but I'm on a roll here.


Can it fire your favorite +P++, sooper-dooper tactical nuclear handgun bullets? Not if you want it to stay in one piece...along with your hand, by the way

 









Who came up with the idea "Supporting this portion of the cartridge casing just isn't that important"?

And don't even get me started about the 'trigger safety', what a joke...Do I need to embed that "I'm the only one professional enough" video? Sorry, the cringe factor is just too much on that one.
 





So, what is it?

It's advertising...that's all.









For instance, let's take a look at Budweiser...

Is it packed with full-bodied flavor, with a mild citrus aftertaste? No....
Is it brewed in a secret location in the Alps? Stirred by the feet of Bavarian virgin milkmaids? Not quite.....
In fact, it's what many beer aficionados refer to as....wait for it....



'PISS'


But who doesn't like those cool horses?
Every time I see them in a commercial, I want to run out and pound down a six-pack of that awesome all-American brew. Yum!


I can brew better grog in my basement. I know lots of people who do just that, but Anheuser-Busch is raking in obscene amounts of money selling that swill.


Stop wasting your money. Buy a Ruger, and with what you save, you can get a home brewery for your basement.


Hat Tip to The Gun Zone for the awesome pics. Go check out their Glock kB! FAQ page.




10 comments:

Stephen said...

Shucks, and I've been packing a Glock all these years....just when you begin to believe in a weapon it goes and gets all weird on you.

MSgt B said...

It's OK man, there's still hope for you.

Try the Ruger P345.

You can thank me later.

cmblake6 said...

I know people who really like their Hi-Points. If you like your Glock, by all means carry it. As for myself? Lo, just a bit over 100 years ago, God gave unto man the gift of the finest combat weapon to be known unto man, through his prophet John MOSES Browning. And it was good, and man did use this device countless times in the stopping and continuation of life. And still man does use this grand tool. And Ruger makes them too now.

Corey said...

I am now obliged to follow this blog, seriously tohugh, keep it up. It's all very amusing stuff.

Graumagus said...

Glocks just don't feel right to me.

My Colt 1911 feels like my hand isn't complete unless I'm holding it.

Old NFO said...

I guess I'm truly and odd-ball, I have both Glocks and 1911s carry both and shoot both... :-P

Graumagus said...

Neither one of them holds a candle to the S&W model 29 .44 magnum in 8 3/8" barrel though :)

(Yes, I shoot one on a regular basis when the bank will extend me another ammo loan, and I lurves me my hand cannon)

MSgt B said...

OldNFO - Navy guys often go both ways. No surprise there. :)

Graumagus - A wheelgun? Really? I heard Glock makes a 22mm automatic revolver...

Feeling a little froggy tonight. Can you tell?

Larry said...

I like my Glock 36, but I'd like to have an M1911 clone just because. I have been eyeballing the Rock Island offering.

MSgt B said...

Hate to burst your bubble Larry.

My Rock Island 1911 was one of the main reasons I have never bought one since.

It definitely taught me "you get what you pay for"